Sunday, January 9, 2011

For the First Time

Every people in the world celebrate the birth of our Lord Jesus Christ, which do they call Christmas. As they say, Christmas is the time of sharing, loving and giving. People buy gifts and exchange it through their families and friends. They intend to wait until Christmas Eve ends, and encounter Christmas at twelve midnight.


According to some analyses, Filipinos are the ones who celebrate the longest Christmas. Because when the month of September strikes, they are now starting to shop for Christmas gifts, start putting Christmas decors and more.


Different cultures and different traditions may only be the one which create our Christmas unlike from each other. But no one and nothing could modify the true essence of Christmas which is great affection, everlasting love and faithfulness to God.


As a Filipino teenager, wishes for Christmas are rolling into my mind. The number one wishes are materialistic things. But, I came to realize that no material thing could ever change the love that my family are giving to me. And that’s the BEST Christmas gift I would ever have.


This Christmas, I was lonely. Because, I’m the only one who attended “misa de gallo” at our parish and have “noche buena” at our dining table with chairs unfilled and just me silently eating. At that time, negative insights are starting to infect my mind. And because of that, I felt a Christmas without my family beside me. But that is just okay compared to all the past Christmas years that I’m with them laughing and bonding. Even though I felt that they are not with me that day. I was not standing alone because I have my friends who also love and care about myself. I am so lucky.


Before I end this simple composition, I would like to say that the most meaningful Christmas gift I have now is my life, because without it, I would never see the beauty of this world where God created for us to live and care for it. Don’t let Christmas only be at December 25 but let it each day. Merry Christmas!!!

1 comment: