Sunday, February 13, 2011

IS THIS FIESTA?

Fiesta is like a tattoo in Filipino’s tradition that can not be removed in their own culture. Every municipality in the country, Philippines has a so called fiesta pertaining the feast of the patron or patroness of their town.

As the 25th day of January comes, different preparations are done at the Heritage City of Vigan. And it’s because it is the day of their festivity which is called the Longganisa Festival. Longganisa is a native delicacy in Vigan and as their number one product; they are praising their patron which is St. Paul and thank him or that good product to raise money.

During that day, I didn’t really felt the essence of the festivity because I was so tired. I had to wake up early because we CAT officers of Ilocos Sur Sur National High School are going to attend the grand parade. I was so excited for that because when I was still young, I was mesmerized by the CAT Officers parading before. Since then, I said to myself “I’ll be one of them” . And now, I am one of them.

The parade went good for me excluding the hotness of the weather and muscle pains I am still happy because rumours say that we were the best performing CAT-1 unit during the parade. After which, my friends and I went to MCDO for our own refreshments not knowing that we CAT-1 unit must go to our school to attend a meeting. So after eating, we rushed to school. Upon arrival, the meeting was dismissed and the only word that struck my mind is “I’M DEAD”. We friends were scolded by our commandant. We tried to explain but we have no fight to him.

That’s my experience last January 25 and I treasure and consider it as a good memory to cherish and keep. Even though I didn’t enjoyed the festivity, I enjoyed having with my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment